Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error moving messages to mailbox "". ?

Using my 2009 Mac pro: OSX 10.13.6

In the past few weeks, I have been getting the error shown on the above pic. I get it when I try to copy all the messages at once in my spam or junk folder to move to the trash (delete key). For some reason this message or what is happening, stops mail from adding my selected messages to these the trash folder. Some times this error message doesn't appear right away and I find it on my desktop that evening.

The result is that all the junk and spam come into my iPhone the next morning. When I click OK (on my mac) and get rid of the error message that evening, everything goes back to normal again.

I am using dreamhost and IMAP. I am not sure if it is an error on their server, but I am going to reach out to customer support to try and track it down. I also have a pic of my "apple mail file tree". I think some folders are dreamhost and some are Apple on this mac. I create a lot of rules on this mac to catch and move spam. Don't know if this could be causing it.

Cheers! and Thanks.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:21 AM

Hello,

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Your Account>Mailbox Behaviors, what path is Trash Mailbox set to?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 10:21 AM in response to nelsonmay

Hello,

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Your Account>Mailbox Behaviors, what path is Trash Mailbox set to?

error moving messages to mailbox "". ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.