Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best macbook for a photography college student

i’m looking to get a macbook for college but stuck on which one because i don’t understand a lot about laptops/computers.

im looking for a laptop for college since i don’t own on.

im a photography student so i’ll be using lightroom, photoshop as well as scanning negatives from film.

(sorry about grammar and/or spelling, slightly dyslexic)

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 3:37 PM

Contact the school and ask them what they recommend. We do not know what they require you to have or run. You want to be 100% compatible with your professors, other students, and with your course of study. You will have collaborative projects and assignments. Others you are working with at school will not be happy if you are not 100% compatible.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 3:37 PM in response to alimiw

Contact the school and ask them what they recommend. We do not know what they require you to have or run. You want to be 100% compatible with your professors, other students, and with your course of study. You will have collaborative projects and assignments. Others you are working with at school will not be happy if you are not 100% compatible.

Oct 22, 2020 3:24 PM in response to alimiw

Those apps you need are very dependent on CPU and RAM, so it would be nice to go with MBPs. Maybe a 13" with Intel 10th Gen CPU and spend some extra on the RAM (32GB would be enough, I believe). Plus, the 10th Gen CPUs come paired with really fast RAM, so you'll also benefit from it.

The storage is up to you. They now start at 512GB

Those would be intermediate and high end 13" Macs + RAM upgrade.

It's a machine for years to come.

Forget about the Air model. It's just not suited for your needs.

If you're not in a hurry, maybe you should wait a few weeks once Apple is about to release some updates on the Mac line, then you can decide also considering the new machines.

Best macbook for a photography college student

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.