Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I find a copy of the iPhoto installer

I have a large iPhoto library with rating,scustom albums and tags etc I have entered on the photos. I do not want to switch to Photos. I am currently using Iphoto on my 2017 MBP running the latest Mojave.

I would like to upgrade the MBP to Catalina and then to Big Sur.

I installed Mojave on an external SSD attached to my MBP, but iPhoto is not installed.

Is there any way I can obtain an installer for iPhoto? There is none in the App Store.

I found an iPhoto 9.4.3 update but it will not install because I do not already have iPhoto on this external SSD..

Any help would be appreciated.

Caroline

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:28 PM

Log into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID previously used to download iPhoto, click on the Purchases tab, and download version 9.6.1 from there. Earlier versions of iPhoto won't run in Mojave.

No version of iPhoto will run in Catalina and newer; it requires a 32-bit library.

(185006)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 1:28 PM in response to cdeegan

Log into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID previously used to download iPhoto, click on the Purchases tab, and download version 9.6.1 from there. Earlier versions of iPhoto won't run in Mojave.

No version of iPhoto will run in Catalina and newer; it requires a 32-bit library.

(185006)

where can I find a copy of the iPhoto installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.