Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my screen is damage and can't unlock the screen, how i can recovery my information from this iphone and transffer it to my new phone?

my screen is damage and can't unlock the screen, how i can recovery my information from this iphone and transffer it to my new phone?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:49 PM

Since your iPhone's screen is locked and damaged, you will not be able to retrieve information from it. When you hook it up to your computer to access the information then the computer will require you to approve that action on that iPhone.

What will work is if you have a backup file created either on iCloud or on your computer. If have such a backup file then you can restore your new iPhone from it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 9:49 PM in response to mvueso

Since your iPhone's screen is locked and damaged, you will not be able to retrieve information from it. When you hook it up to your computer to access the information then the computer will require you to approve that action on that iPhone.

What will work is if you have a backup file created either on iCloud or on your computer. If have such a backup file then you can restore your new iPhone from it.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.