Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Comunity

hey! I want to be in the community. I just have a question on how do you make those hyperlink text while responding to a question?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 2:45 AM

Welcome to this forum. You'll find it a useful resource to find answers and to ask questions.

Links are easy to set up. When typing a question or response at the foot of the text box you will see a row of formatting icons. The one that looks like a chain link - the fourth from the right - is for URLs. If you highlight the text you wish to use as a link you can then click on this icon and a blank row will appear at the foot of the text box for you to enter a URL. When you have finished entering the URL press Enter and it will save the link and close the link entry line. The text you highlighted will now be an active link to that URL.

This link to Apple's Home Page is an example

See the image I've attached.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 2:45 AM in response to BlinCaps

Welcome to this forum. You'll find it a useful resource to find answers and to ask questions.

Links are easy to set up. When typing a question or response at the foot of the text box you will see a row of formatting icons. The one that looks like a chain link - the fourth from the right - is for URLs. If you highlight the text you wish to use as a link you can then click on this icon and a blank row will appear at the foot of the text box for you to enter a URL. When you have finished entering the URL press Enter and it will save the link and close the link entry line. The text you highlighted will now be an active link to that URL.

This link to Apple's Home Page is an example

See the image I've attached.

Apple Support Comunity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.