Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Community Site

Is there a guide or manual on how to use the Apple Support Community site?

I would like to know things like:

Can anyone tell me whether questions can be saved privately half way through writing them and then posted later when they are properly fully completed?

Can anyone tell me how many characters can be posted in the question box?

Can anyone tell me what kind of photos and screenshots can be posted in the question box (actual mb sizes or the smallest sizes when offered and does this affect image quality) and do photos or screenshots affect the character length of the text than can be posted?

Can anyone tell me where can I see the rules for posting questions or tips?

Kind regards,

Seaniconsize

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 8:33 AM

Can anyone tell me what kind of photos and screenshots can be posted...

png and jpg formats are supported without issue. Image file size needs to be kept under 5MB

Can anyone tell me whether questions can be saved privately half way through writing them and then posted later when they are properly fully completed?

I don't believe so. If that is a concern, draft your responses in TextEdit or other plain-text app and paste them into the text box when done. The software tries to autosave incomplete messages but that has not always worked 100 percent of the time. That system is at its best if the computer crashes or your inadvertently click off the page where you are composing. I would never count on it as a proper draft-saving tool.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 8:33 AM in response to Seaniconsize

Can anyone tell me what kind of photos and screenshots can be posted...

png and jpg formats are supported without issue. Image file size needs to be kept under 5MB

I don't believe so. If that is a concern, draft your responses in TextEdit or other plain-text app and paste them into the text box when done. The software tries to autosave incomplete messages but that has not always worked 100 percent of the time. That system is at its best if the computer crashes or your inadvertently click off the page where you are composing. I would never count on it as a proper draft-saving tool.

Sep 29, 2021 1:55 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Dear BobTheFisherman,

Thank you very much for all the information you posted. I’m truly grateful.

As a novice in the support community, I’ve been explaining to all the experts who helped me out so far just how amazed I am (truly) that people can be so kind and take the time and trouble to help others out - even when they ask the most naive questions.

Best regards,

Seaniconsize

Apple Support Community Site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.