Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 yellow screen

i got my 12 pro yesterday, beautiful machine, but i started to notice some lack of color intensity, i've using an Iphone X for 3 years know, so something was off. I put the two side by side, displaying the same foto, exactly same settings, and it's sad, something is wrong with the 12 pro, the colors are sad and dead and "yellowish".

Any ideas ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 4:42 PM

Hello Antonio! I found a solution that works for me and would work for you as well! My new iPhone 12 also had the yellow tint to it so I exchanged it at my local apple store and although the new one was better, it still had the tint to it. My solution is to actually change the color tint of the display by going into your settings < accessibility < display & text size < color filters < turn on and select color tint. You can scroll down and adjust the intensity and the hue. I have my intensity slider all the way to the left and my hue is about 80% to the right which adjust the tint to a more natural color. It has satisfied me and I hope it works well for you!

441 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2020 4:42 PM in response to NelsonAntonio

Hello Antonio! I found a solution that works for me and would work for you as well! My new iPhone 12 also had the yellow tint to it so I exchanged it at my local apple store and although the new one was better, it still had the tint to it. My solution is to actually change the color tint of the display by going into your settings < accessibility < display & text size < color filters < turn on and select color tint. You can scroll down and adjust the intensity and the hue. I have my intensity slider all the way to the left and my hue is about 80% to the right which adjust the tint to a more natural color. It has satisfied me and I hope it works well for you!

Nov 29, 2020 1:42 PM in response to OrlandoTommy

I’M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH APPLE!

I went to the Apple store for my appointment as scheduled by tech support only to pretty much be told, there’s nothing they can do because the phone had been exchanged once.

I advised them that I really did not want to do an exchange. I wanted what I had fixed.

Also I found that there were comments on my issue that were not discussed & I was not only upset by this but offended because it was a “CYA” in the person who say me part to make it appear as if they’d done their due diligence. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

1. If I’m in “zoom” view” as opposed to “standard view” the screen intermittently shifts to the right.
  2. I asked why “previous” phones & iPod displays are vibrant, crisp & clear while the newer IPhone Pro is dull, white backgrounds are actually grayish/tinged in color.
  3. Phone is very glitchy.

These are not incentives to keep this phone.

1. I’ve done a restore.
  2. reset all settings

No change.

WHY SHOULD THE NEWEST IPHONE’S DISPLAY LOOK BETTER THAN THE ONE BEFORE?

This was my IPod but same look as my XR.

Nov 13, 2020 1:56 AM in response to NelsonAntonio

Also for me it is the same issue: looking with your eyes it seems yellowish, but taking pictures it becomes reddish.

I just compared the Iphone 12 PRO with Iphone 7 and IPhone XR in the dark light:

• using the Safari browser white page
  • max brightness to all phones
  • removing the True Tone from all phones.

Please, look at the pictures below, also Iphone 7 is really better and of course no comparison with Iphone XR ; IPhone 12 PRO is really wrong (it seems the worse phone display ever, payed like gold) .

Is there any answers to this by Apple?

P.S. This kind of display does not even let you enjoy beautiful pictures you have on it!!

Dec 16, 2020 3:38 PM in response to JohnRadu

A humble suggestion to anyone who posts to this thread: Please detail out your current settings of...

• Settings / Display & Brightness / True Tone: i.e. OFF
  • Settings / Display & Brightness / Night Shift: i.e. OFF
  • Settings / Display & Brightness / Brightness (level): i.e. FULL
  • Settings / Accessibility / Display & Text Size / Reduce White Point: i.e. OFF
  • Settings / Accessibility / Display & Text Size / Auto-Brightness: i.e. OFF
  • Settings / Accessibility / Display & Text Size / Color Filters: i.e. OFF

...on both iPhones and ensure they have same settings while comparing. Otherwise whatever typed here will always leave a question mark on readers.

I had all above settings OFF, on full brightness, and compared my iPhone 12 Pro with a display model (12 pro) at the store.

I couldn't detect the difference there, but when I came home and checked the photo again carefully, there's indeed difference and my iPhone (left) is warmer. This is very annoying, and you notice it more when editing videos and photos when color variations increase.

Apple must recognize this, or at least provide communication on acknowledgement and possibility to fix!

Dec 28, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Mackeyk

Thank you for starting this thread, it was helpful for me also.

Please don't get me wrong, it is polite to say that you hope one is able to resolve the issue, but the truth is that you cannot resolve this. I just say so in order not to awaken false hope in anyone.

In addition to that I think Apple doesn't want to solve it either, since we would already know about it.

I would like to ask everyone to [give feedback](https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html), because this is only a user-to-user discussion.

Jan 25, 2021 12:51 AM in response to manpreet209

Even the most honest advice will not be able to take your preferences/feeling etc. into account as they do not know you well. The root cause of the problem isn't a wrong setting.

In the end, what you do in this situation, is your decision, you have to make it.

But you have plenty of options:

• Ask Apple Support, they can make a suggestion.
  • Try the settings described by the discussion users.
  • Send it back, ask for refund.
  • Send it back, ask for replacement.
  • Get used to it (sorry)
  • Give feedback (but don't expect anything)

I read a lot about the possibilities. I tried multiple devices. Apple Support told me several times what they know about the situation (or what they are allowed to tell me about it), I made my decision.

Dec 11, 2020 4:18 AM in response to NelsonAntonio

Hi all,

Many thanks for raising this issue. Unfortunately, I am also concerned...

Just had a quick chat today with Apple Assistance in France. The issue is well-known now but... they keep stating that it is a software issue and engineers officially recommend to play manually with color filters: Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

They were unable to confirm if it will be fixed in the following iOS releases (it's not in the iOS 14.3 release notes...) and didn't want to replace my phone.

May 4, 2021 6:34 AM in response to Paulwalker7

As additional information for everyone; yes you can tweak/play about with the colour filter options deep within the settings.

Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Colour Filters [switch "On"] > Colour Tint

... then adjust Intensity and Hue to a point where you feel it is as close to a neutral white as you think is possible

You will likely find that the "Intensity" slider produces a result that is ridiculously overkill (not an understatement) and thus will find you'll probably have to adjust this fully to the minimum point (fully left). After that you'll move on to the "Hue" slider and will have to adjust this as mentioned above until you find a point that you consider to be as dead neutral white as you think is possible, or at least to your best likening.

However the Problems: -

1. You cannot get it to a dead neutral white that is completely devoid of any colour hue/tint whatsoever. The closest you may get, is for a more cool white which has an undeniable blueish hue/tint. It's not by any means a neutral white and this can be seen when putting it next to a true white display, which in my case can be seen when comparing next to my older iPhone XS which has such a neutral white, that it's like eye candy as it blends in amongst all the other colours in a picture. Even my cheaper and now ageing 42inch LED TV has a balanced white.
  2. When you do find this cool-white spot on the Hue slider, there is sadly a trade-off. This trade-off may not be a problem to some, however for me it's just to big. You lose slight brightness power output. The iPhone 12 Pro Max does have some good, even great features and for me one of the most rewarding, satisfying improvement that I was very happy with was the increased brightness power output which always helps to make a phone easier to see in bright environments and Sunny days. However this is slightly affected with the Colour Filter enabled.
  3. Quite simply, we shouldn't have to take these desperate measures as the iPhone 12 Pro Max should have been designed, calibrated and manufactured with a truly state of the art display (especially with the 1,399 price tag).

If your happy with a slight blueish hue/tint for a much cooler white display (too much in my opinion) and you don't mind taking a knock with a trade-off with slightly reduced overall brightness power output, then you maybe fine with it and if you are then I've inserted a screen capture below of what I found and think is the sweet spot for that. Remember it's a screen capture and not a photo, so does not reflect the real screen's actual tint as it's purely for the adjustment settings only. I hope it may help some, however personally I value brightness power output to much and therefore not prepared to suffer the trade-off.

(screen capture - not photo)

iPhone 12 yellow screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.