Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music subscription doesn't work on apple tv

I just subscribed to the apple tv 3 month plan.

It worked great! on my iphone,ipad, and mac but when i tried on my 3rd gen apple tv it doesnt work.

all i can do is just to airplay from my iphone.

Is it just not compatible or what?

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 4:33 PM

Hey Jasonapple_,

We see that you're having issues playing your Apple Music on the Apple TV, and we'd like to help!

Based on the software versions listed in this resource, an Apple TV capable of running tvOS 12 would be a requirement for using Apple Music directly on the device: Browse: Discover Apple Music on Apple TV. However, AirPlay would be the best alternative as it sounds like you're finding.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 4:33 PM in response to BlinCaps

Hey Jasonapple_,

We see that you're having issues playing your Apple Music on the Apple TV, and we'd like to help!

Based on the software versions listed in this resource, an Apple TV capable of running tvOS 12 would be a requirement for using Apple Music directly on the device: Browse: Discover Apple Music on Apple TV. However, AirPlay would be the best alternative as it sounds like you're finding.

Best regards.

Apple music subscription doesn't work on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.