Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I back everything up onto ICloud, can I delete old photos off of my new phone and still have access to my photos that I had removed from my new phone in ICloud?

If I back everything up onto ICloud, can I delete old photos off of my new phone and still have access to my photos that I had removed from my new phone in ICloud?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 2:01 PM

biglouie66 wrote:

Once you store your photos in iCloud, they are not considered a part of the backup as this is what iCloud backs up -- What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. That being said, if you delete photos from iCloud, those photos will be deleted on all your devices you are currently signed in to as that's simply how iCloud works and was designed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 2:01 PM in response to biglouie66

biglouie66 wrote:

Once you store your photos in iCloud, they are not considered a part of the backup as this is what iCloud backs up -- What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. That being said, if you delete photos from iCloud, those photos will be deleted on all your devices you are currently signed in to as that's simply how iCloud works and was designed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.