Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro speaker audio issues

I have had some unusual audio issues. Saturday morning 10/24/20, not even 24 hours of owning the phone, the speakers had reverb, static, pops and random buzzing. I did a screen recording and posted on YouTube. However the sound was mot syncing with the video. Perhaps a software issue but the sound does not seem as good as it was on my 11 Pro. I upgraded to give my mom my 11 Pro so if I return I’m phoneless during any repair or send off diagnostic. Very disappointed to say the least.

https://youtu.be/as99GOaj5NM

Any thoughts are welcome.

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 2:12 PM

Hello Serek76,

We understand you are having an issue with the audio on your new iPhone and we're happy to help. Let's complete the steps listed here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker to resolve the issue.

Enjoy your day!

200 replies

Nov 3, 2020 5:11 AM in response to Serek76

I’ve noticed constant crackling noises coming from the speaker depending on what I’m watching specifically. Homemade videos on Instagram or Facebook seem to be the worst. However, my music and streaming videos sound fine. I’m wondering if it’s not my phone and rather the quality of other videos that my phone is picking up on.

Nov 13, 2020 7:20 PM in response to i_rina

I have the iPhone 12 (PRODUCT), and the the only thing happening to my speakers is a buzzing quality when I tap the mic icon to dictate. The “mic on/off” audio prompt sound is very distorted, as if it’s too loud. I lowered the volume just before muting and the sound quality is still the same. Other audio output is fine.

Nov 3, 2020 7:18 AM in response to kimmimoore

Looks like a problem within iOS 14, some people have problem with notification sound too (sound slider to the lowest) noticed it on my job iPhone 8. Also I used the magsafe charger yesterday and the same issue occur just like when you put on the case, the lock sound make a loud click instead of the normal sound, only a reboot fix it. Apple needs to fix that.

Nov 5, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Kehlet88

I posted earlier and since then have restarted my phone, hard reset, tried a few different settings. I have owned an iPhone4, 7 and now a 12, I hang onto these things. I use my speaker phone for business regularly, all day. There is something very different about the sound quality on this 12 than my 7. Voices are nowhere near as crisp and I feel as though they’re flat and muffled now. I have ATT however have had them since my 7. Nothing in my environment has changed other than the phone. Also, my alarm clock audio turned on for 1 second today and then turned off. Even when I attempt to change my alarm “song” it won’t play for more than a second. Something is off about this phone or iOS update. Don’t get my wrong, I love iPhone but... I missed out on that new phone excitement feeling this time.

iPhone 12 Pro speaker audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.