Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Upgrade Program - T-Moble Problems

I am a.) Eligible for the Apple Upgrade and B.) have a post paid T-mobile account in good standing. When I am on the apple phone app, and get through wanting to upgrade my phone, it needs to "next, lets cofrim your carrier". When I get to this step and put the last 4 of my social into the app I get the following error "there is an issue with the mobile number you entered. please contact t-mobile". I have called T-mobile three times and apple twice. I even got reps from both companies on the phone and they agreed there was nothing wrong on either end. They said the "system" at T-mobile" was having a problem communicating with the system at apple... That is NOT helpful.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 2:51 PM

****SOLVED

Called T Mobile for the 3rd time and they confirmed I had a "Sim Swap Block" on my numbers. I don't know why. The agent wrote an email to their fraud team and within 20 minutes I was able to complete the upgrade. Maddening.

I spoke with two T Mobile agents today and pleaded with them to check any Sim Block. They said they did and that I did not have one. The agent that resolved this found that this was not true, and that the Sim Swap Block was clearly noted in my account details.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 2:51 PM in response to CMNYC12

****SOLVED

Called T Mobile for the 3rd time and they confirmed I had a "Sim Swap Block" on my numbers. I don't know why. The agent wrote an email to their fraud team and within 20 minutes I was able to complete the upgrade. Maddening.

I spoke with two T Mobile agents today and pleaded with them to check any Sim Block. They said they did and that I did not have one. The agent that resolved this found that this was not true, and that the Sim Swap Block was clearly noted in my account details.

Nov 29, 2020 11:12 PM in response to CMNYC12

I have the same problem and Apple has been horrible in helping with this issue although it is their FREAKING program. I’ve spent 25+ hours on the phone with Apple or T-Mobile. Two Apple reps have left me on hold for more than 90 minutes each never to return. Supposedly, they transferred me to department that was apparently untrue. I’ve had both companies on the phone as well with Apple rep hanging up when their theory was proved wrong. Apple had always solved any product issue related to all of their devices in years past. However, in regards to this issue, they deserve a F!!!!

Nov 30, 2020 12:24 PM in response to TechNerdNYC

YES, FINALLY!!! It was still difficult but got through it in the end. Initially, T-Mobile’s representative stated that wasn’t the remedy after discussing with her superiors. She was instructed to call Apple on my behalf which I knew was a waste of time but I obliged. After getting bounced around to at least 4 Apple reps, while waiting on hold for the 5th, the T-Mobile rep received an email alerting her that the Sim block was actually the problem so we hung up. Within the hour, I was able to upgrade 😎

Thanks a Million!!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Nov 30, 2020 12:32 PM in response to derrickjoh

Excellent. I’m glad it worked out for you. I’ve personally been very happy with T-Mobile but don’t understand how they are so disconnected on the support side here. Like you, a T-Mobile representative swore that this solution was not the problem (pointing at Apple) when it 100% was. The key for anyone else reading is to insist on the removal on the Sim Swap Block. I specially asked T-Mobile to update their internal knowledge base so that this solution is recorded (who knows if this happened). Hopefully this helps others. Cheers!

Apple Upgrade Program - T-Moble Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.