Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging issues with usb-c to lightning

How do I get my device to recognize this “new method” of charging and connection?

When I connect my iPad or iPhone up to my Apple usb-c to lightning connector to my MacBook or directly to the MacBook charger they will not charge. I bought the cord to have a direct wired connection and save myself from packing yet another charge brick. I was also hoping this would make connecting my devices together more power efficient and simple.

I have a 16” MBP, a 7th Gen iPad, and an iPhone 11; all up to date, running current OS.

Thank you

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:55 AM

apple_sead wrote:

How do I get my device to recognize this “new method” of charging and connection?

When I connect my iPad or iPhone up to my Apple usb-c to lightning connector to my MacBook or directly to the MacBook charger they will not charge. I bought the cord to have a direct wired connection and save myself from packing yet another charge brick. I was also hoping this would make connecting my devices together more power efficient and simple.

I have a 16” MBP, a 7th Gen iPad, and an iPhone 11; all up to date, running current OS.

Thank you

Verify you are using as Apple branded charging cable.

About the Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable - Apple Support

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power ...

Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple ...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 6:55 AM in response to apple_sead

apple_sead wrote:

Thank you

Verify you are using as Apple branded charging cable.

About the Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable - Apple Support

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power ...

Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple ...

Charging issues with usb-c to lightning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.