Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upload to photos to Twitter and other sites from Photos

Hi, I'm using Safari and on Catalina 10.15.5

Recently got a new MacBook Air and transferred some photos to it from an older hard drive.

I can attach photos to email but other sites, like Twitter, it just won't let me. If I go into iphotos to upload a photo, I can see all the photos, but I cannot add them.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 7:59 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 27, 2020 2:33 PM in response to stumbleine

What is the file format of the photos you want to upload? You cannot upload images in the HEIC format or TIFFS using the Media Browser.

That is a recent problem in Catalina, see: Problem in Photos 5 on Catalina: Grey Filenames in the Media Browser - Apple Community

For the time being, export your photos as JPEGs to a folder on your Desktop and upload them from there.

Oct 27, 2020 1:32 PM in response to stumbleine

Sorry - I misunderstood your "go into photos to upload" I thought you were starting in photos.

If you use photos, can you view/edit/export any photos as normal - ie is the photos app itself working correctly.

How did you tansfer the photos from the hard drive? Imported or they were in a library that you transferred.

If you imported them, do you have the "copy items to photos" library checkbox ticked?

Are you syncing with Icloud -and if you are, do you have "optimise mac storage" selected?

I can't upload to photos to Twitter and other sites from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.