Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not listen to iHeartRadio app through my Apple Watch SE?

Two days ago, I bought my first Apple Watch, the SE, so that I could listen to iHeartRadio app (and keep track of steps taken, etc.) while taking walks, without having to take my iPhone with me. The tech who sold it to me said this would be a great device for me. He loaded the iHeartRadio app for me on my phone, but I had not been able to get it to play through my phone. I just spent two more hours on the phone with an Apple tech who now says the iHeart app will only play through the watch if I buy bluetooth headphones and pair them with the watch. Is there anyone out there who plays the iHeart app through the watch without headphones? Or am I stuck either 1) returning the watch, or 2) having to buy and wear headphones? Thanks. Seems lame to me that the watch won't play the audio from an app thru the watch if voicecalls, etc. play through it.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:36 AM

I do not know if the app will stream on cellular.

But, I do know that the watch speaker will not play music for any source.

You will need bluetooth earphones of some type.

I personally love my AirPods

Similar questions

1 reply

Why can I not listen to iHeartRadio app through my Apple Watch SE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.