Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I access my photos from iphoto

I can no longer open iphoto. Where are my photos that were stored iphoto? How can I access them?

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:29 PM

What happened, before you could no longer access your iPhoto photos?

If you just upgraded your system to macOS 10.15 Catalina, it is no longer possible to run iPhoto. But you can launch the Photos.app. It should automatically open your last used iPhoto Library.

If Photos does not automatically find your iPhoto Library, quit Photos, if it is running, then launch it again while holding down the options key ⌥. Release the key, when the library chooser dialog appears. Then try all libraries in turn, that Photos will be showing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 1:29 PM in response to pasewarkm

What happened, before you could no longer access your iPhoto photos?

If you just upgraded your system to macOS 10.15 Catalina, it is no longer possible to run iPhoto. But you can launch the Photos.app. It should automatically open your last used iPhoto Library.

If Photos does not automatically find your iPhoto Library, quit Photos, if it is running, then launch it again while holding down the options key ⌥. Release the key, when the library chooser dialog appears. Then try all libraries in turn, that Photos will be showing.

how do I access my photos from iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.