Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain guitar presets not working with midi

Hello!

I've tried several times over the course of about 3 years to solve this and I've given up every time. I'm running Logic X 10.5.1, and Mac OS 10.14.6. There are four guitar presets that do not work with midi; Acoustic Guitar, Classic Clean, Hard Rock, and Roots Rock. I can see the chords being recognized in the Beats & Project window, so I know Logic is getting midi signal. I can also get the sounds on those four instruments to work in the ⌘+K musical typing function. I'd rather not use that to compose because it's, well, un-musical.

Even when I create a region with a functioning preset I cannot copy/paste/drag the region into a track with one of these four instruments! They remain silent. But again, if I create the region with musical typing it plays and records fine.

There is another post with this same problem that recommended I ensure midi input channel 1 is selected, which it is. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the midi driver for my Yamaha KX61 controller and ensuring I have the right version for my OS. I tried updating Logic to make sure it wasn't a glitch from an old version. I tried Reset All MIDI Drivers in MIDI Settings, I tried Refresh Library in the Library Settings. I wanted to re-download the presets but I don't see the presets themselves available online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:14 PM

Trying to understand the problem.

You get MIDI signal in the LCD when playing on the KX61. You create an Instrument Track and select the Acoustic Guitar patch. There is no sound coming from that track when playing on the KX61. Right?

Can you record on the Instrument track? If so what do you see in the Event List from the recorded region?

Maybe proper screenshots can help to better understand.

WD

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 8:14 PM in response to Piaknow

Trying to understand the problem.

You get MIDI signal in the LCD when playing on the KX61. You create an Instrument Track and select the Acoustic Guitar patch. There is no sound coming from that track when playing on the KX61. Right?

Can you record on the Instrument track? If so what do you see in the Event List from the recorded region?

Maybe proper screenshots can help to better understand.

WD

Oct 27, 2020 1:18 PM in response to Piaknow

I am having a similar issue with the same instruments. Except I don't use any midi controllers or instruments. So, when I use musical typing or Touch Bar everything else that is a challenge in this post is accurate.

I've tried different going through different octaves, all the velocities, going through all the modulations, reinstalling Logic Pro X all my channels are at 1

Certain guitar presets not working with midi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.