Imported MIDI Files Not Making Sound... Sometimes?

As suggested in the title, when I import MIDI files into Logic Pro 10.7.9, they don't make sound... sometimes. I'll elaborate; When I first drag the MIDI file into my project, it creates new tracks based on the midi files' instruments. They all make sound, as you would expect. The problem arises when I drag one of those imported regions onto existing tracks. It won't make sound. Then I drag a different imported track onto an existing region and–wait–it makes sound? I'm really confused, please help! I've attached a video (no audio, sorry) to show this happening. I'd really appreciate a response as soon as possible. :)

Thanks,

Brandon E.

https://youtu.be/qLgreCuxJSM

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

MacOS 13.4.1 (22F82)

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 1:24 PM

The good thing about the standard midi import is that it sounds more or less like the file it was created with, without any adjustment. However, once you start using your own instruments and sounds, the imported midi information may interfere with your own sounds.

For example, the numbers that appear at the beginning of each region in your video are program change numbers that make the sound change automatically every time you stop and start. You may not like this. Double-click on the region to see and find more (perhaps useless) midi information.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 1:24 PM in response to BrandonEcholsMusic

The good thing about the standard midi import is that it sounds more or less like the file it was created with, without any adjustment. However, once you start using your own instruments and sounds, the imported midi information may interfere with your own sounds.

For example, the numbers that appear at the beginning of each region in your video are program change numbers that make the sound change automatically every time you stop and start. You may not like this. Double-click on the region to see and find more (perhaps useless) midi information.

Imported MIDI Files Not Making Sound... Sometimes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.