Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMac stopped connecting to Bluetooth speakers - HELP!

I have three Bluetooth speakers that I use all the time all over the house...a JBL Flip 5, a JBL Clip 3 and an older Sony SRS-X5.

For some reason, I cannot pair these speakers all of the sudden. It allows me to connect my AirPods, but not any bluetooth speakers.

Any suggestions to trouble shoot? I should note that I am running the newest iOS.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:37 PM

1. Unpair them
  2. Turn off Bluetooth (if you have wireless keyboard and mouse you will need USB keyboard and mouse for the next steps)
  3. Turn Bluetooth back on and re-connect wireless keyboard and mouse.
  4. Re-pair the speakers.

If the problem continues, please restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Eric Swanger

1. Unpair them
  2. Turn off Bluetooth (if you have wireless keyboard and mouse you will need USB keyboard and mouse for the next steps)
  3. Turn Bluetooth back on and re-connect wireless keyboard and mouse.
  4. Re-pair the speakers.

If the problem continues, please restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

my iMac stopped connecting to Bluetooth speakers - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.