Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Xr Not turning on

Hi,

I dropped my Iphone Xr yesterday and all seemed fine with it until this morning when I realized the phone never charged. I've tried multiple cords, and cubes with no indication from the phone that its even charging. I have it on a wireless charger at the moment. The charger's light is indicating that it is currently charging but the phone is still not responding when I try to boot it up.

I've tried the method of Volume Up + Vol. Down + Hold the Power Button and so far no luck. My main worry is trying to get pictures off of the phone which have not loaded onto my cloud yet. I've tried several different programs to try and extract the files but none of the programs have been able to detect the phone when its hooked into the USB port. The computer however (Windows OS) will make a noise like it normally does when its connected to an external device but gives me an error that the device has "malfunctioned."

Does anyone have any advice for either turning on the Iphone or a way to extract the photos before I take it in? I have insurance on it so my top priority is retrieving the pictures before taking any other measures. Thanks in advance!!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:35 PM

I suggest that you make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options. I think you will be learning that the time to create a back-up of your important photos and data is BEFORE catastrophe strikes - after is too late.

Similar questions

1 reply

Iphone Xr Not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.