Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2018 logic board faulty

My Mac Air was just a couple of days out of warranty when it just completely shut down on me. The authorized service center told me that the logic board and the touch ID board are defective. And it’d cost me more than half of the price of the laptop to fix it. As I browsed around, I found out that quite many people have the same problem, and there are a couple of websites saying that Apple would replace it for free.

My question is, do you guys have the same problem too? What did you do?

Could an email address be provided so that I’d know who to talk to? Cause I am currently in Indonesia and there is no official Apple store.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:06 PM

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. To arrange a return, refund or repair: Returns & Refunds, Mac Repair, respectively.
  2. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  3. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  4. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  5. Starting  an  online  chat  with  Apple  Support.
  6. Apple  Support  using  Twitter
  7. For Mac App Store: Apple - Support - Mac App Store.
  8. For iTunes: Apple - Support - iTunes.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 8:06 PM in response to devy1031

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. To arrange a return, refund or repair: Returns & Refunds, Mac Repair, respectively.
  2. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  3. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  4. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  5. Starting  an  online  chat  with  Apple  Support.
  6. Apple  Support  using  Twitter
  7. For Mac App Store: Apple - Support - Mac App Store.
  8. For iTunes: Apple - Support - iTunes.

Oct 27, 2020 3:27 AM in response to devy1031

what actually happened to your MacBook air?

did the screen go blank, the keyboard stop working?

maybe that can be fixed.

i overheard many bad advice in  stores from  employees over these past years.

one sales rep told some they could not back up the MacBook,

but need the $99 exchange file service  provides on new computers.

i interfered and told both "use time machine"

this was March 10th 2019. 11AM

so be careful out there

Macbook Air 2018 logic board faulty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.