Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music download from music store duplicate

I'm an oldskool boy. I don't do subscriptions, so no Music, Spotify or Netflix for me. I still buy CDs, and if I can't find what I want, I'll buy from the iTunes Music Store.

Recently I upgraded to Catalina, and Music has replaced iTunes, no problem (no, I won't go googling for 'music', something I could do with 'itunes' by the way). Current version 1.0.6.10 (Mac OS 10.15.7).

Today I bought a digital album. So far so good. 17 tracks on the album, but 18 show up in my library: Track #3 is duplicated, and one bears the cloud icon. Clicking on that icon downloads the track, the cloud icon disappears, but then I have two duplicate tracks! So I remove one of them, and am back in the previous situation: one real, and one with a cloud icon!

Is this a glitch of the new Music app, or the iTunes Store?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 4:37 PM

Hello lescornwell,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with an album you bought from the iTunes Store on your Mac, as a track is duplicated. To help with this, please try removing the current copy of the album from your library and download it again, and then contact Apple directly if you need any further assistance.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Get Support 

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 4:37 PM in response to lescornwell

Hello lescornwell,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with an album you bought from the iTunes Store on your Mac, as a track is duplicated. To help with this, please try removing the current copy of the album from your library and download it again, and then contact Apple directly if you need any further assistance.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Get Support 

Cheers!

Music download from music store duplicate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.