Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update MAC Os finds HP software as malware

Since the last update I am unable to print on my HP printer. The drivers are identified as malware. I just installed the printer.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 12:01 PM

They did give out one article on their support page - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/quot-HPxxxxx-framework-quot-will-damage-your-computer-quot/ta-p/7825233

It's definitely acknowledged, multiple news articles reported it over the last 3 days with statements from HP.

9 replies

Oct 28, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Vera_2021

Resetting the printing system via System Pref's and re-adding it using the AirPrint driver does restore printing ability.

Various errors continue, and of course Scanning remains broken (and probably Faxing, too, since as soon as I re-installed the printer I got a "fax.backend will damage your computer" error without any fax involvement at my end).

Oct 28, 2020 12:25 PM in response to StanleyG.

Thanks for the note and the link.

Since I was posting on this, I should note that the AirPrint solution failed immediately after one successful print job. More errors, no more printing. I suppose I can reset the printing system again and so on, but for every single print job?  

But also - users in my position, follow the link for a better discussion of this snafu.

Better still, searching for MacOS updates FINALLY yielded an HP update driver set to download! Before just now, there was nothing available, just confirmation that I ALREADY had the latest OS version. So now let's see if this fixes the problem....

After update MAC Os finds HP software as malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.