Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adjust Mac Mini/Dell U2720Q Brightness with keyboard

Running new Mac Mini attached to Dell U2720Q via Thunderbolt 3. OS is up-to-date Catalina. I can't adjust the Dell's screen brightness using the appropriate keys on Mac keyboard (the ones with the larger and smaller brightness icons). Currently I'm doing this via the buttons on the monitor, which is clumsy and time consuming. I have used the Color Calibration Assistant but that doesn't address the difficulty I'm having. Suggestions much appreciated, TIA!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 11:16 AM

YES re auto settings for photo editing. That's why I want to be able to control display brightness. BTW at least a partial solution is made by Lunar, a one person shareware company. You can control brightness from the keyboard with Lunar --- it works, but I have not completely gotten comfortable with it yet. If you download it you should contribute to the guy who wrote it, amounts as small as $3, voluntary. It's easy to find on the net.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 11:16 AM in response to woodmeister50

YES re auto settings for photo editing. That's why I want to be able to control display brightness. BTW at least a partial solution is made by Lunar, a one person shareware company. You can control brightness from the keyboard with Lunar --- it works, but I have not completely gotten comfortable with it yet. If you download it you should contribute to the guy who wrote it, amounts as small as $3, voluntary. It's easy to find on the net.

adjust Mac Mini/Dell U2720Q Brightness with keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.