Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls going to voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.1

I just got got my new iPhone 12 Pro on Friday. All was well, but then my phone calls started going straight to voicemail. Of course I checked to see if Do Not Disturb was on, but it wasn’t. I tried everything and eventually reset the network settings; that seemed to fix the issue - temporarily. The same issue happened yesterday, so I reached out to Apple AND to Verizon. Both ran diagnostic checks on my phone and found nothing wrong. I even popped out my SIM card and put it back in, just in case. All was fine until I woke up this morning after fixing it yesterday, and the problem came back yet again. I toggled DND and a couple of other buttons, and that fixed it temporarily. It happened AGAIN during the day today. I toggled all of the buttons individually, and airplane mode seemed to fix it...for now.

I spoke with an Apple tech who really was no help whatsoever, other than her being confused at why I didn’t have “Call Forwarding” as an option in the settings of my Phone app. (CDMA carriers don’t have that option in the app, FYI.) She said that if the issue comes back tomorrow, I should call them with my case number. This is the most (for me anyway) bizarre bug I’ve ever seen.

At least one more person on another forum reported the same issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 4:59 PM

FIXED: I ordered a new SIM card from Verizon. As soon as I installed it, the issue vanished. The same happened for a few others who reported the issue - they got new SIM cards, and no more problem. It’s definitely a SIM card problem. You can get one for free from Verizon either online or at one of their stores. Go for it!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 4:59 PM in response to BBNY22

FIXED: I ordered a new SIM card from Verizon. As soon as I installed it, the issue vanished. The same happened for a few others who reported the issue - they got new SIM cards, and no more problem. It’s definitely a SIM card problem. You can get one for free from Verizon either online or at one of their stores. Go for it!

Calls going to voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.