Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i use family share, can my family see my personal photos that are backed up on my icloud?

If I am using family share, can my family see my personal photos that are backed up on my personal icloud?

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 11:21 AM

No - What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support.

"Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store, music, movie, TV, and book purchases, subscriptions to Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade, and an iCloud storage plan — all without sharing each other's Apple accounts."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 11:21 AM in response to pmv2920

No - What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support.

"Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store, music, movie, TV, and book purchases, subscriptions to Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade, and an iCloud storage plan — all without sharing each other's Apple accounts."

Oct 29, 2020 11:39 AM in response to pmv2920

I would also like to point out that even if you decide to share iCloud Storage as a family, nobody can see you personal photos. Your personal and private data remains private.

There are some things that you can share if you like. You can share a family calendar, family reminders and you can also have a shared photo album, but all of this would be dependent on each person participating if they choose to do so. But when you share items such as these, your own personal calendar, reminders and photos are not accessible to anybody else in the family.

if i use family share, can my family see my personal photos that are backed up on my icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.