Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro and Deep Fusion

On the new iPhone 12 Pro, latest iOS, does the camera option “view outside the frame” need to be disabled in order for Deep Fusion to work?

Thank you

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 5:11 AM

I used the app "Metapho" which shows additional information. I tested with and without "view outside the frame" on a scene, which typically would use Deep Fusion. In both cases Metapho showed "Deeply Fused". So it seems, that on iPhone 12 both features can be used simultaneously.

Its a bit sad, that Apple is so intransparent in informing about such things and let their users be working on it to test it out.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 5:11 AM in response to MichaelPH

I used the app "Metapho" which shows additional information. I tested with and without "view outside the frame" on a scene, which typically would use Deep Fusion. In both cases Metapho showed "Deeply Fused". So it seems, that on iPhone 12 both features can be used simultaneously.

Its a bit sad, that Apple is so intransparent in informing about such things and let their users be working on it to test it out.

iPhone 12 Pro and Deep Fusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.