Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sounds from iTunes on Windows 10

There is no sound coming from my iTunes (movie or song). I did the preference > playback > Play Audio using change from Windows Audio Session to Direct sound (and back after restarting iTunes each time). I restarted my computer (the main task of tech support). I checked for updates (none), and I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it from the Microsoft store.

I have no sound from iTunes, but sound from everything else. While the song or movie plays I do not see any indication from the mixer that it is receiving sound from iTunes to play (also the mixer volume for iTunes is all the way up. I have tried head set and default speakers.

Any help would be great

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 9:01 AM

Mother trucker... right after I posted this I thought hey lets try that Play Audio Using step after the reinstallation. wouldn't you know this SoB starting playing.

so when all else fails reinstall and then go through all the troubleshooting all over again.

Similar questions

2 replies

No sounds from iTunes on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.