Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers New Sheets side by side

To the point, anyone have any idea if instead of having all new sheets open side by side, if we can instead make 2 or 3 rows of sheets, stacked, so they can all be viewed without having to scroll right or left ?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 11:17 AM

7 replies

Nov 2, 2020 10:03 AM in response to vasilios272

A table containing 30-40 rows takes a lot of place above the main table of a sheet.

Two possibilities:

1. As suggested by Barry, a 1-column table, containing a link to every sheet, placed to the left of the main table. However, maintenance of 30-40 TOC tables, being identical, might be cumbersome.
  2. Choose a header cell in the main table of each sheet, containing a link to the TOC sheet. Clicking on this cell will get you to the TOC sheet and from there to one of the other sheets.

Paul.

Oct 30, 2020 5:51 AM in response to SGIII

I really appreciate any time anyone gives for me, as it really is helpful. But I see I need to be more specific as Im new here. I need to have about 30-40 sheets, all with multiple tables on them. Thats no problem. However, as it is now, I can only view so many sheets, side by side, before I have to scroll the "sheet tabs" either left or right to view them all. I was wondering if the sheet tabs cant be stacked in rows, on top of each other, so that no scrolling ever has to be done. Again, EXTREMELY grateful to anyone that takes the time to reply.

Nov 2, 2020 12:20 AM in response to stfflspl

Once you've made the TOC Sheet suggested by Paul, you might try this:

The TOC will actually be contained in a table on that sheet.

A copy of that table would likely work placed on any of the other sheets.

Consider laying out that table with the cells containing the links "stacked in rows, on top of each other, so that no scrolling ever has to be done," then placing a copy above the main table on each of the sheets.

Regards,

Barry

Note: I've not tested this, as I'm running an version of Numbers prior to the introduction of links that would move you to other sheets in the same document.

B.

Numbers New Sheets side by side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.