Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making App Store ask for password every time and stop asking me to change to 15 minutes

I am on iOS 14.1 and the “iTunes and App Store” option isn’t available under my account settings. Has it moved? I my iPad is family shared and I need the “ask for password every time” setting but I can’t find it.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:39 PM

Lupussol Said:

"Making App Store ask for password every time and stop asking me to change to 15 minutes I am on iOS 14.1 and the “iTunes and App Store” option isn’t available under my account settings. Has it moved? I my iPad is family shared and I need the “ask for password every time” setting but I can’t find it."

-------

Getting this to Work:

Try This:***

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: iTunes & App Store Purchases
  5. Scroll to: REQUIRE PASSWORD pane
  6. Select: Don't Require

***Source: Update All Apps not working after iOS 14 upgrade

Screenshot:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 7:39 PM in response to Lupussol

Lupussol Said:

"Making App Store ask for password every time and stop asking me to change to 15 minutes I am on iOS 14.1 and the “iTunes and App Store” option isn’t available under my account settings. Has it moved? I my iPad is family shared and I need the “ask for password every time” setting but I can’t find it."

-------

Getting this to Work:

Try This:***

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap: iTunes & App Store Purchases
  5. Scroll to: REQUIRE PASSWORD pane
  6. Select: Don't Require

***Source: Update All Apps not working after iOS 14 upgrade

Screenshot:

Nov 11, 2020 8:01 AM in response to ivansmashem

ivansmashem Said:

"[...] now the setting I mentioned above seems to be missing, despite the notification in the App Store telling you specifically to navigate to what no longer exists."

-------

Recommend this to Apple:

Apple wont get back to your directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more likely they will consider fixes and new features.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "FeedbackType"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 11, 2020 7:21 AM in response to TheLittles

This doesn't solve the issue. The OP was asking about the settings that list "Always Require" password, or "Require after 15 minutes"

In that same menu, there was a setting that allowed you to disable requiring a password. Both that AND the above need to be set in order to have the App Store stop asking for your password.

Source: I've configured about 100 iPhones and iPads prior to ios 14, and that is always how it worked -- now the setting I mentioned above seems to be missing, despite the notification in the App Store telling you specifically to navigate to what no longer exists.

Making App Store ask for password every time and stop asking me to change to 15 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.