Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Auto-Translating Song Titles

I've always wanted to try Apple Music, but Apple has some system in place where it takes a song title and auto translates it. Japanese being my second language, I listen to mainly Japanese Music. Apple Music will take a song title and often Romanize it or "translate" the title. This is very annoying and discourages me from using Apple Music as searching for songs becomes much harder as I know the songs by their Japanese names, not their terrible translation. One example is Stray Kids 風 (Japanese Version) becomes translated to simply Levanter (Japanese Version). While this may not be a big deal for everyone, finding that song was difficult as I don't know it as such. I hope there is a way to turn this auto translate off, or change the language of all songs. I currently have an iPhone 11, with the display language set to Japanese. My Apple ID also has Japanese as the preferred language.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:15 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple Music Auto-Translating Song Titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.