Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - Translation Inconsistency & Songs Separated from the Album

Apple Music Translation is a mess.

• Unnecessary Translation

Translation causes the users to have a hard time finding the Artist in the familiar way people called them.

Example: Artist "Smoke" got translated to "史墨克" in an unnecessarily phenetic translation.

• Inconsistent Translation

1.) Same Artist is duplicated and separated in different languages.

Because of the unnecessarily and inconsistent translation, the same artist is displayed in multiples.

Example: There are "TAEYEON" and "太妍" the same artist in my library.

2.) Songs got separated from the same album.

Example: There are a total of 20 songs/tracks in the "Howard Shore" album, some of them in the original language "Howard Shore" album, and some are in the "霍華蕭" Translated album.

It's unable to listen to the whole complete album.

3.) Sometimes, there's a translation and sometimes, there isn't.

4.) Song Titles are in multi-languages.

Example: Songs "Four Seasons" in Album Four Seasons is translated to "四季" in Chinese (Traditional).

and there is even a translation displayed in Chinese (Simplified) which is not correspond to any of my settings on/in Apple account, Location and device's language.

I've checked several posts and the solutions. Change the language in the "Apple ID account", "Music" application language, or the device language. It only changes the System/User Interface language, but not the issue I mentioned above.

Is there any solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 5:54 AM

As users there is nothing we can do to fix inconsistencies in the store, but once content is added to your library you should be able to edit the metadata to suit you.

If iTunes or Music show multiple instances of an artist or an album then what generally works is to select all related tracks and use Song Info to add say a trailing X to each of the fields that the tracks should have in common:

• For an album; Album, Album Artist, and Artist (if artist is the same for all tracks) *
  • For an artist; Album Artist (and Artist unless there are guest/featured artists listed which should not be changed)

Apply the change which merges things together, then remove the excess characters. Occasionally it may help to close and reopen the application between the two renaming operations. Part of a compilation should also be set consistently.

* If tracks are to be synced to a non-iOS device there should be a common Artist and/or the album should be set as a Compilation.

Use the songs view and display the fields Album, Sort Album, Album Artist, Sort Album Artist, Artist and Sort Artist side by side so you see whether or not it is appropriate to edit Artist and if sort values could be causing any further problems. See Grouping tracks into albums for more help if required.

One further tip for really stubborn duplicates. At one point I had three lots of Various Artists in the artists view of my library that wouldn't respond to the usual trailing X treatment. What I found worked was to add the trailing X to start with, but then with each group that the application wanted to keep separate start typing a value and use the autocomplete from say Var... to Various Artists. Picking from the autocomplete lists seemed to work when pasting/editing the whole value didn't.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 5:54 AM in response to Royal_Bean

As users there is nothing we can do to fix inconsistencies in the store, but once content is added to your library you should be able to edit the metadata to suit you.

If iTunes or Music show multiple instances of an artist or an album then what generally works is to select all related tracks and use Song Info to add say a trailing X to each of the fields that the tracks should have in common:

• For an album; Album, Album Artist, and Artist (if artist is the same for all tracks) *
  • For an artist; Album Artist (and Artist unless there are guest/featured artists listed which should not be changed)

Apply the change which merges things together, then remove the excess characters. Occasionally it may help to close and reopen the application between the two renaming operations. Part of a compilation should also be set consistently.

* If tracks are to be synced to a non-iOS device there should be a common Artist and/or the album should be set as a Compilation.

Use the songs view and display the fields Album, Sort Album, Album Artist, Sort Album Artist, Artist and Sort Artist side by side so you see whether or not it is appropriate to edit Artist and if sort values could be causing any further problems. See Grouping tracks into albums for more help if required.

One further tip for really stubborn duplicates. At one point I had three lots of Various Artists in the artists view of my library that wouldn't respond to the usual trailing X treatment. What I found worked was to add the trailing X to start with, but then with each group that the application wanted to keep separate start typing a value and use the autocomplete from say Var... to Various Artists. Picking from the autocomplete lists seemed to work when pasting/editing the whole value didn't.

tt2

Apple Music - Translation Inconsistency & Songs Separated from the Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.