Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Classical Music? Apple Music obviously doesn't care

iTunes was difficult with classical Music, I basically had to rearrange my library information to make it usable, but in the end, it was workable. But the Apple Music app is really impossible. I need to be able to search for Composer as my principal search criterion, under that I have to find Album (Properly named) then Artist. I have a huge personal collection uploaded from my thousands of CDs all painstakingly divided manually into Composer Album Genre and Artist, but the current Apple Music app basically works in songs (an inappropriate misnomer and painfully primitive classification), and when you search for music on Apple Music's content Composer is often the last thing you can find, Do you people even realise how many Concertos there are in F minor, it's just an example, if you don't tell me the composer's name I have to Google the album to get BASIC information (Composer, Opus number, movements etc.) just to recognise if this is actually the music I'm looking for.

Do you intend to address this issue or will you continue to expect Classical music enthusiasts to pay for a very frustrating, user-unfriendly, even hostile platform? You could start by providing us with a more advanced search option (a dropdown where we could use a few specific search criteria would probably go a long way). Maybe you need to hire some classical music lovers (perhaps other niche music enthusiasts are also experiencing similar frustrations) to teach you algorithms how to deal with other genres than commercial. I'd suggest you seek to diversify your offer, (Apple music Classical, Apple Music Jazz, Apple music ethnic etc), this one-app-fits-all approach is utterly inadequate.

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 1:41 AM

Hi,

You are not addressing Apple here. This a user to user technical help forum. I suggest that you provide feedback to Apple.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies

Classical Music? Apple Music obviously doesn't care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.