Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1080 60fps video is choppy on macbook pro 13 retina

I have an early 2015 macbook pro 13 w/retina with video playback issues. A few months ago I purchased a DJI drone so I've been loading videos into the MBP. Just a few days ago I started to experience choppy footage like the one attached. I've copied the mp4's to my Hp laptop with inferior graphics. It's an IT grade work laptop but it barely plays 1080 with its Inel520 integrated card.

I thought the low disk space was an issue so I upgraded the SSD from 128 to 256gb so there is ample space. I restored from time machine and tested again with no luck. I then decided to wipe and reload Catalina on a formatted disk to deal with a fresh install. Same results using both quickplayer and vlc. I've also tried moving the videos from a cloud folder to a local only directory to isolate any cloud sync issues - no go.

Link to example: https://youtu.be/ddBQvR6UvsM

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 9:34 AM

Looks like the problem is related to graphics performance. I just bought a 2019 Macbook pro 16" and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Similar questions

3 replies

1080 60fps video is choppy on macbook pro 13 retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.