Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yosemite apple id help

Hey everyone,

I have to update my macOS from yosemite (10.10.5) to something newer (thinking mojave). However, in order to download mojave I have to log in to app store. But I cannot log in to the appstore because the box to enter the 6 digit code for two factor authentication doesn't appear on yosemite! I am stuck in a vicious loop.

I can't turn off two step authentication either (there is no option to). Writing the 6 digit code in the same box as my password didn't work, too. Any help would be much much appreciated as this is important for my school work and I'm kinda running low on time. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 6:56 AM

Hi deniz0397,

Thanks for posting. Being able to sign in is definitely important, and we'll be happy to see if we can help out! As we understand it, you're running OS X Yosemite and you're unable to sign in using two-factor authentication.

When you're running OS X Yosemite, you should be able to sign by adding the 6-digit code after your password. For example, if the password is "password" and the code is "123456," you would enter it without spaces as "password123456." Is that how you're entering it? If not, give that a try: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If that doesn't work, let us know a bit more about the error message you're receiving when you sign in. That will help work out next steps for you.

Kind regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 6:56 AM in response to deniz0397

Hi deniz0397,

Thanks for posting. Being able to sign in is definitely important, and we'll be happy to see if we can help out! As we understand it, you're running OS X Yosemite and you're unable to sign in using two-factor authentication.

When you're running OS X Yosemite, you should be able to sign by adding the 6-digit code after your password. For example, if the password is "password" and the code is "123456," you would enter it without spaces as "password123456." Is that how you're entering it? If not, give that a try: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If that doesn't work, let us know a bit more about the error message you're receiving when you sign in. That will help work out next steps for you.

Kind regards.

yosemite apple id help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.