Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 upgrade shuts off Apple Car Play Mazda 2019

Apple CarPlay was working just fine with version 10 of the iPhone EXR. As soon as I upgraded no matter what I do I cannot connect with Apple CarPlay. None of the standard help topics work. I have tried turning off Bluetooth and disconnecting the phone and restarting the entire process and even add a device. This renders my phone useless in my car. This needs to get fixed ASAP there should be a topic just for this launch of the iPhone 12. This means I cannot connect to maps and navigation and any other smart features including music.

This was an important feature for me to purchase the car - so it should be important for both Mazda and Apple to want to anticipate that this feature works when they launch a new version of the iPhone.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 11:09 PM

Hi Dena,

After a frustrating afternoon I had a good think about what I’d done with the phone after setting it up and it occurred to me I’d only charged it wirelessly so connecting it in the car was the first time it had been connected to anything with a cable. I then tried charging from various power sources with the supplied cable (USB C) and older USB A cables and it wouldn’t respond. Wouldn’t connect to my iMac either. 

Fearing that I’d received a handset wit a dead lightning connection I thought what would be the first thing Apple would ask me to do with it - turn it off and on again. Guess what - now works with everything. I’d not re-started it since set up and IOS update. Hey ho....every day’s a school day!

If I can help by providing the settings on my phone let me know...

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 11:09 PM in response to Dena in San Jose

Hi Dena,

After a frustrating afternoon I had a good think about what I’d done with the phone after setting it up and it occurred to me I’d only charged it wirelessly so connecting it in the car was the first time it had been connected to anything with a cable. I then tried charging from various power sources with the supplied cable (USB C) and older USB A cables and it wouldn’t respond. Wouldn’t connect to my iMac either. 

Fearing that I’d received a handset wit a dead lightning connection I thought what would be the first thing Apple would ask me to do with it - turn it off and on again. Guess what - now works with everything. I’d not re-started it since set up and IOS update. Hey ho....every day’s a school day!

If I can help by providing the settings on my phone let me know...

iPhone 12 upgrade shuts off Apple Car Play Mazda 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.