Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay2 won't stream from Mac Book Pro Mojave 10.14 to LG TV 2020

Hi! I have an issue with my Airplay 2 on Mac Book Pro - there is no possibility to change Airplay Display status from Off. There is no other option available, no device. I did everything as advised by Apple and from what I read on the Internet and on multiple forums but still it's the same. It just won't show my new LG TV (Nano916) -airplay2 compatible. Everything is on, no problem with Wifi nor Firewall, etc.

I don't have this problem with any other apple device.. From iPad it runs smoothly. I have Mojave 10.14 and have no intention of changing to Catalina... Please help! Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Apple showed the 2020 Nano 9 series as AirPlay 2 (*) announced only. I don't know when Apple originally authored their Home Accessories page, and your Nano 9 may need a firmware update to enable that AirPlay 2 support, if having wireless and bluetooth enabled does not resolve its detection. You also need macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later for AirPlay 2 video streaming to that LG as the system requirements show.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 4:57 AM in response to denia88

Apple showed the 2020 Nano 9 series as AirPlay 2 (*) announced only. I don't know when Apple originally authored their Home Accessories page, and your Nano 9 may need a firmware update to enable that AirPlay 2 support, if having wireless and bluetooth enabled does not resolve its detection. You also need macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later for AirPlay 2 video streaming to that LG as the system requirements show.

Airplay2 won't stream from Mac Book Pro Mojave 10.14 to LG TV 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.