Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"A cellular plan from "Verizon" is ready to be added to iPhone"? I use T-mobile...?? iPhone 12 Pro

Several times I have received the above notification on my iPhone 12 Pro, along with a red dot on my Settings app. I have an unlocked phone with T-Mobile, working fine. I have never spoken to Verizon.

What is this?? Verizon trying to slip a plan onto my eSim?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Solved - under Settings - Cellular, it showed Cellular Plans - Secondary was Verizon, and it was toggled ON. I hit "Remove this Plan" - now shows Secondary Plan - NO SIM.

Not sure why it came turned on and connected to Verizon. My first dual SIM phone. Live and learn.

8 replies

Oct 31, 2020 4:30 PM in response to JosephWit

And I'm guessing you either didn't order it with a plan - or you ordered it with your T-mobile plan.

(or did you miss to choose the sim free option when you ordered - I notice on the USA buying page, verizon is selected by default)

Either way I think you need to contact the apple support chat to find out how to stop it.

(This is a user to user forum)

There is a link on the us buying page here:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro

"A cellular plan from "Verizon" is ready to be added to iPhone"? I use T-mobile...?? iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.