Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Problem

I am experiencing problems streaming TV series from the Apple TV App to my smart TV.

The problem is that the shows pause several times, for durations from several seconds to several minutes.

I have used Apple TV for several years, and never experienced this problem until the past couple of months. And it is getting worse. In fact the programs have become unwatchable.

We subscribe to a couple of different streaming services, but Apple TV is the only one giving problems.

Our download speed is about 45 Mbps, and there is only my wife and I in the house, so nobody else using up bandwidth.

Bruce F.

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 8:11 AM

Did you verify the current speed using speedtest?

There are many factors that can influence those symptoms, commonly interference. You would need to run a diagnostic report to see the current status of the network (using istumbler, netstumbler or similar). This will show an accurate representation of signal strength, and noise detected along with any nearby networks.

If you are Wifi you can try using ethernet

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 8:11 AM in response to EagleyeMe

Did you verify the current speed using speedtest?

There are many factors that can influence those symptoms, commonly interference. You would need to run a diagnostic report to see the current status of the network (using istumbler, netstumbler or similar). This will show an accurate representation of signal strength, and noise detected along with any nearby networks.

If you are Wifi you can try using ethernet

Streaming Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.