Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having trouble with Paramount streaming app on Apple TV HD device?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on May 12, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:04 AM

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:04 AM in response to OldMacUser271

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

May 13, 2022 6:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks, but I did everything you noted three times, once with Apple Support on the line. They recommended I remove the app completely. Paramount+ was actually impacting my Apple TV device and the performance of other apps on the device.

I tried to contact the developer (Paramount) but good luck. They have a set of FAQs which gave the same advice that you did. Those don't help or fix the problem. Paramount has no way to contact them by telephone. Their chat function is useless, only referring me to the FAQs.

Now that I have removed the Paramount+ app, my Apple TV device and other streaming apps are working fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.