Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paramount Plus + Showtime bundle on Apple TV won’t let me log onto Paramount Plus App

Hello!

I currently have Paramount plus + Showtime bundle for $9.99 on Apple TV. Since yesterday, I can’t watch CBS shows anymore on Apple TV App (on my IPad) nor can I log into Paramount Plus App. Anybody else having this issue? How can I fix this? Thank you very much!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 8:21 PM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2021 7:51 AM in response to bbzoomer

• If you start an episode from the Channel page, then it shouldn’t point to an outside app.
  • If you start an episode from Up Next, then that will link to the app as set in How to Watch. You can verify which content provider is set, and change it if there is a better alternative, from the Details page of a show or season. Depending on device, that Details page may not be accessible through Up Next directly (e.g. iPad; use Search or the Channel page alternatively).
  • Unreleased upcoming episodes could potentially show ahead of time for the separate app and for Apple TV app Channels at different moments, which may cause it to be listed in Up Next before it is available in the Apple TV app Channel.
  • If you find that certain content is missing from the Apple TV app Channel that should be included, then contact Support about that.

Mar 28, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Hanuk.

When you subscribe to Apple TV app Channels, you have to watch it in the Apple TV app, not in the separate content provider app. These are different kind of subscriptions, with different terms and conditions and different perks and limitations, that need their own method of access, which is often not exchangeable. While CBS had made provisions for a crossover in the past, that may not extend to Paramount+ at this time, afaik.

Mar 28, 2021 6:31 AM in response to Urquhart1244

So I deleted the separate content provider app when I signed up for the CBS + Showtime bundle. Then signed up through my Apple TV. It worked for awhile. Now every time I want to watch a program (Clarice, Equalizer) it wants to install the independent app and make me pay. And yet...and here it the really annoying part...if I want to watch CBS news or some of the other content, it works fine. Like I said before, it should be this hard.

Apr 1, 2021 8:25 PM in response to Hanuk.

I spoke with Apple support and the did not know the difference between an App and the channel... no help at all. Bundle seems to not include certain episodes. Frustrated as heck. Wish Apple would get their “stuff” together. Paramount plus is no help with their chat bot from ****. If anyone has any suggestions. I’m all over it. Channels on Apple TV seem to be a money pit.

Paramount Plus + Showtime bundle on Apple TV won’t let me log onto Paramount Plus App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.