Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my AirPods sound restricted

I have to turn the volume up to full on my iPhone but it is only just audible on my AirPods ( which are very clean ) is the volume restricted

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 4:17 PM

Hi Prut654,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your AirPods volume. It sounds like it is lower than expected.

There is a way to monitor the volume inside the Health app. Have you checked? See this article: Change the volume on AirPods with iPhone

This article shows where the limiter is: Adjust the volume on iPhone under "Limit the headphone volume".

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Have a fantastic day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Prut654

Hi Prut654,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your AirPods volume. It sounds like it is lower than expected.

There is a way to monitor the volume inside the Health app. Have you checked? See this article: Change the volume on AirPods with iPhone

This article shows where the limiter is: Adjust the volume on iPhone under "Limit the headphone volume".

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Have a fantastic day!

Nov 6, 2020 1:18 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hi MichaelB2019,

thanks for the reply. I used them early this morning whilst dog walking and the remedy was spot on.

Sorry to be asking another question my right AirPod cuts out after 15mins but if I put it back into the

case then out again it works for another 15mins, they are fully charged but are the early AirPods and I just

put it down to their age. ( the left one is perfect ) Many Thanks Alan

Nov 7, 2020 2:34 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hi MichaelB2019,

thanks again for your reply. I double double checked all the advice from the links but the result this morning was just the same.

Luckily I only use one AirPod which I can now hear at once because I like to half hear everything else going on around me.

I think I will have to start saving up for replacement AirPods sometime. Thanks again for your reply’s and help Alan

Are my AirPods sound restricted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.