Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps and WiFi

Hello to everyone.

Has anyone had problems with apps not working on their home WiFi network? It’s strange because my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone has the same problem.

I can use my apps on mobile data and other WiFi networks.

I have tried resetting the WiFi hub and switching the hub on and off.

I have done a network reset.

I have checked to see if my time and date are correct. None of these have worked.

Do you think it a network or an iPhone problem?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 6:23 AM

Greetings, Detector999.

It appears that you and your wife are having problems connecting with your home's Wi-Fi network. Applications work fine on cellular, but not when connected with Wi-Fi. Good job on the troubleshooting steps you've tried, and we're glad to help with this.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support -- Make sure your access points are using these Apple recommended settings. If you don't manage your home's Wi-Fi network, ask the one who does or contact your ISP for help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support -- If you made any changes to your router settings, see if your applications work now. If they don't, work through the steps in this article and see if your applications work.

If they don't, do they work on another Wi-Fi network?

Which model of iPhone do you and your wife use and which iOS are they on?

If either of you get a message, what is the full text of the message received?

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Detector999

Greetings, Detector999.

It appears that you and your wife are having problems connecting with your home's Wi-Fi network. Applications work fine on cellular, but not when connected with Wi-Fi. Good job on the troubleshooting steps you've tried, and we're glad to help with this.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support -- Make sure your access points are using these Apple recommended settings. If you don't manage your home's Wi-Fi network, ask the one who does or contact your ISP for help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support -- If you made any changes to your router settings, see if your applications work now. If they don't, work through the steps in this article and see if your applications work.

If they don't, do they work on another Wi-Fi network?

Which model of iPhone do you and your wife use and which iOS are they on?

If either of you get a message, what is the full text of the message received?

Take care.

Apps and WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.