Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Monitor glitch

https://youtu.be/S9Zt3EsWuMs

Hi,

I use a MacBook Air (2019) with a Planar PX27710MW HD 27-inch monitor. My setup is in the way where my MacBook Air is at the Bottom right corner (see attached image). For some reason, the software is restricting me to move my cursor to some areas of the screen on the MacBook Air (see youtube link). The Planar monitor is the main monitor, and the Air display is secondary. Is this something to be fixed in a later update?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 9:24 AM

Hello MacBookAirRetina,

It seems like you are unable to move your cursor on certain parts of the screen, specifically the top menu bar on your Mac. In the screenshot, it seems like the menu bar is set on the display and not the Mac. Did you move the menu bar settings? Also, if you place the 2 displays side by side, are you still having that same behavior?

Take a look at this article that may help you:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Regards.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 9:24 AM in response to MacBookAirRetina

Hello MacBookAirRetina,

It seems like you are unable to move your cursor on certain parts of the screen, specifically the top menu bar on your Mac. In the screenshot, it seems like the menu bar is set on the display and not the Mac. Did you move the menu bar settings? Also, if you place the 2 displays side by side, are you still having that same behavior?

Take a look at this article that may help you:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Regards.

Nov 5, 2020 10:10 AM in response to MacBookAirRetina

It looks like some kind of arithmetic glitch in calculating the screen dimensions... probably one corner case (no pun intended) that is hard to reproduce exactly.

You could use feedback to report it:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

I imagine that you have this configuration probably because it matches the physical location of your displays.

Your two displays apparently only contact at the common vertex.

I wonder if just slightly increasing the contact area between the two displays (e.g. by sliding one just a bit up, or the other just a bit down) will be an acceptable compromise that will make the problem not occur.

Nov 5, 2020 9:52 AM in response to MacBookAirRetina

Is this in Big Sur, or you have you just co-opted the desktop background?

If this is Big Sur, you should not discuss it here, but report the bug in the proper channel.

Beta software is not to be discussed here, as per the rules of the forum.

If this is in Catalina, I tried setting my displays in a similar configuration, but could not reproduce the problem.

Dual Monitor glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.