Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Dual Monitor without apple menu bar and Prevent Second monitor to go black while one is fullscreen, is possible?

I spend long hours working on my MacBook Pro and usually use a second monitor on which I put youtube videos (fullscreen) to pass the time while I work.

It has always bothered me that the apple menu bar appears on the second monitor, I have managed to disable the apple menu bar from the Mission Control preferences but when doing fullscreen with youtube, quicktime, etc. the other monitor goes black

Is there a method to remove the apple menu bar on the second monitor and at the same time prevent the other monitor from going black when doing fullscreen?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 2:41 PM

By, "disable the apple menu bar from the Mission Control preferences," I assume you disabled "Displays have separate spaces." That is what is causing the problem you now have.

When the displays are merged, they are a single display that spans both screens. If you put an app in Full Screen, the other display is part of the one that has gone into Full Screen.

Either live with the menu bar on both displays, or don't put your apps in Full Screen. You can set the Dock settings to Zoom a window by double-clicking the titlebar. In many cases, Zoom will fill the screen with the window. By design, Zoom asks the app to set its window to the smallest size to contain all content.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 2:41 PM in response to Arnaldo_Chile

By, "disable the apple menu bar from the Mission Control preferences," I assume you disabled "Displays have separate spaces." That is what is causing the problem you now have.

When the displays are merged, they are a single display that spans both screens. If you put an app in Full Screen, the other display is part of the one that has gone into Full Screen.

Either live with the menu bar on both displays, or don't put your apps in Full Screen. You can set the Dock settings to Zoom a window by double-clicking the titlebar. In many cases, Zoom will fill the screen with the window. By design, Zoom asks the app to set its window to the smallest size to contain all content.

Mac Dual Monitor without apple menu bar and Prevent Second monitor to go black while one is fullscreen, is possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.