Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts syncing to mac from iphone

I am not able to get my contacts on my phone over to my mac. I think it has something to do with the fact that my icloud group account only has a few contacts in it. My gmail group account is where all of my contacts are. Is there a way to merge these groups or get my mac to be the same as my iphone. Some things I've searched or tried want me to make my iphone match my mac when I want it the other way around. I am not sure if something got messed up during the set up process but when I got an ipad, and synced it with my phone the ipad matched everything on my phone.

How do I fix this and make my mac match my phone?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 12:32 PM

Are you signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID on the phone and on the Mac? If you are trying to sync using iCloud, data from each device/computer will transfer to the other device/computer. There isn't a way to specify which device/computer will be the only one to sync.

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina) and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 12:32 PM in response to Alarm2020

Are you signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID on the phone and on the Mac? If you are trying to sync using iCloud, data from each device/computer will transfer to the other device/computer. There isn't a way to specify which device/computer will be the only one to sync.

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina) and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Contacts syncing to mac from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.