Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not restore backup on my iPod touch

I recently backed up the music on my iPod in iTunes. I tried to restore the music on my iPod and there is no music. Also, for some reason, iTunes sees my iPod but Finder on my Mac does not. Any suggestions? Thanks.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 10:22 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 5, 2020 12:04 PM in response to egidio33

Hello egidio33,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to get music on your iPod touch that was on it before restoring. Based on the additional info you provided, iOS devices can only be synced to one computer at a time and music is not included in backups. So either you need to sync that music from the Windows computer that has the music still, or copy that music from the Windows computer to your Mac, and then sync the music from the Mac to the iPod touch.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Nov 5, 2020 8:46 AM in response to egidio33

Hello egidio33,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

1. What macOS version is currently installed on your Mac?
  2. What iOS version is installed on your iPod touch?
  3. When you say you backed up the music on the iPod touch, what do you mean? Or do you mean you made a backup with a Mac?
  4. Is the music on your iPod touch from this Mac or the iTunes Store, or a different computer?

Please provide as many details as you can and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Nov 5, 2020 11:18 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thank you for your response.

The Mac version is 10.11.6 OSX El Capitan and it is up to date.

The iPod Touch is IOS 9.3.5 and is up to date.

I backed the iPod into my Mac using iTunes.

The music is mostly from CD's that I copied onto a Windows computer and then transferred to my iPod.

I still have all of the CD's but I was hoping to avoid copying them again onto this laptop.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Egidio 33

Nov 9, 2020 12:25 AM in response to jdo_apple

Not a good Apple week for me.

I have a MacBook Pro. It's about 7 years old but not used daily.

It suddenly shut down. It was at 15% power at the time of shut down.

I followed the instructions on line and in Apple Support.

Charged for 8 hours. Yellow indicator light stayed on the whole time but did not turn green. Tried the Shift Control Alt Power restart with no luck. No lights, no fan, no screen...nothing.

Could someone offer another solution please?

Thank you

Thank you.

Itunes will not restore backup on my iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.