Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text from my iPhone sent but I did not send

I received a text from my son with a screen shot asking if I “meant” to send this message. As I was out working in the yard I knew I had not sent a text. However upon retrieving my phone a text went out from my phone to a bizarre list of contacts. Some of the contacts are mine but a couple of the contacts listed are not in my phone. Message was nonsensical and there was an Apple.com attachment. Screen shot below of the text sent and the three (3) contact names that are unknown to me but listed as recipients for this random bizarre message were identified as oulli, pollkne, and wlsolouslpaari’llpull. Never seen nor heard of the “contact names”

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 2:26 PM

That’s a good chance your Apple ID was hacked. See—>If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

5 replies

Nov 1, 2020 3:12 PM in response to jacque115

Your sentence is ambiguous. Do you mean you changed actual Apple ID and not just the password?

Is your old AppleID dead or is someone else using it now?

iMessage (and therefore texts) is tied to your AppleID so if someone else has taken it over your iMessage account could be with them. It can get complex but if the ID is in use by someone else come back.

Gmail is not relevant here.

Text from my iPhone sent but I did not send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.