Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone message hack?

Tonight at 7:31 pm my iphone sent 6 text messages that were a contact being shared, supposedly from my phone.

They were an unknown email address and a name unknown to me. I’m concerned. Has anyone else had this happen. Could my information be compromised?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:13 PM

Kpmulli Said:

"iPhone message hack?: Tonight at 7:31 pm my iphone sent 6 text messages that were a contact being shared, supposedly from my phone. They were an unknown email address and a name unknown to me. I’m concerned. Has anyone else had this happen. Could my information be compromised?"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

No one has hacked your iPhone, unless it is jailbroken. And it you purchased it from Apple, then have no worries there. Perform this using a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

A. Start Here: If you Think your Apple ID has been Compromised - Apple Support

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you are concerned about you account information being compromised, then by all means modify your credentials. You are able to log into these forums just fine. So, log into iCloud, and modify your credentials, starting with a new, strong password and using a new eMail address (for Apple).

C. Scan: your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 8:13 PM in response to Kpmulli

Kpmulli Said:

"iPhone message hack?: Tonight at 7:31 pm my iphone sent 6 text messages that were a contact being shared, supposedly from my phone. They were an unknown email address and a name unknown to me. I’m concerned. Has anyone else had this happen. Could my information be compromised?"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

No one has hacked your iPhone, unless it is jailbroken. And it you purchased it from Apple, then have no worries there. Perform this using a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

A. Start Here: If you Think your Apple ID has been Compromised - Apple Support

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you are concerned about you account information being compromised, then by all means modify your credentials. You are able to log into these forums just fine. So, log into iCloud, and modify your credentials, starting with a new, strong password and using a new eMail address (for Apple).

C. Scan: your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

iPhone message hack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.