Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Suspicious text

On my iPhone 14 pro she has a few texts to same person. Conversation has contact name, no phone number and no reply from receiver

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 8:18 PM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2023 8:24 PM in response to J-rock8826

J-rock8826 Said:

"Suspicious text: On my iPhone 14 pro she has a few texts to same person. Conversation has contact name, no phone number and no reply from receiver"

-------

Troubleshooting Suspicious Messages:

If this looks suspicious...

• Report Messages to Others:

You can report phone calls' and messages' info to Apple and others. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

• Keep a Clean Record of this Message Thread:

Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - User Tip

Jun 11, 2023 8:39 PM in response to J-rock8826

Hello J-rock8826,

Thank you for bringing up the issue regarding suspicious texts on your iPhone 14 Pro. I understand that you have noticed a few texts to the same person where the conversation shows the contact name but no phone number, and there is no reply from the receiver. I'm here to provide you with some guidance.

In situations like this, it's essential to exercise caution and take appropriate steps to ensure your privacy and security. Here are a few suggestions to address the issue:

1. Verify the contact details: Double-check the contact information for the person you are texting. Ensure that the contact name is associated with the correct phone number. You can verify this information by going to the Contacts app on your iPhone and confirming that the contact has the correct phone number saved.

2. Be cautious of phishing attempts: It's possible that these texts could be part of a phishing attempt or a scam. Avoid clicking on any suspicious links or providing personal information in response to these texts. If you are unsure about the authenticity of the messages, it's best to err on the side of caution and refrain from engaging further.

3. Report the issue: If you believe that the texts are suspicious or potentially harmful, you can report the issue to your mobile service provider. They may be able to provide guidance or investigate the matter further to ensure your security.

4. Enable SMS filtering: On your iPhone, you can enable SMS filtering to help block unwanted or spam messages. Go to Settings > Messages > Unknown & Spam, and turn on the "Filter Unknown Senders" option. This can help prevent unwanted messages from appearing in your main messages list.

If you continue to experience suspicious or concerning behavior, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support or visiting an Apple Store for further assistance. They have resources and expertise to help address security concerns related to your iPhone.

Please remember to stay vigilant and avoid sharing personal information or engaging with suspicious messages. Your privacy and security are important.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Lugab

Suspicious text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.