You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging issues

The lightning bolt icon indicating that my Macbook pro is charging will not go away once it is fully charged and I've unplugged my mac. I have tried turning my laptop off and on again but nothing works. I also have been having issues with it not charging when plugged in occasionally, or staying at the same charge as when it gets plugged in (i.e. if I plug it in at 15%, it stays at 15% and does not go up or down). Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 7:59 PM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2020 8:14 PM in response to hmoore2017

What is the exact year/model of your Mac?

Check the status of your battery in Apple > About my Mac > System Report > Power.

Reset the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support. Do that like 3 or 4 times in a row.

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Reboot in Safe Mode How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. It's a longer boot, once up, restart normally and check if it got any better

Does your Mac have Touch Bar? If not, check if it is covered by this Service Program 13-inch MacBook Pro (non Touch Bar) Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support

Also install coconut battery app to get some more info about your battery.

If you have the patience, you can reinstall macOS to see if anything gets better, but I don't believe it'll be effective.

Last resort is to contact Apple and take your Mac to an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider for a proper diagnostic and solution.

Charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.